Nurse Office Visits
At Bismarck-Burleigh Public Health, we are dedicated to improving the health and safety of our community. We focus on education and prevention on a wide variety of health topics that affect residents of our city and county. The services provided at our facility are aimed to assist individuals in disease prevention and education and promote healthy lifestyles in our community.
Registered nurses are available from 8:00 am to 12:00 noon and 1:00 pm to 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday, by appointment, unless otherwise listed. Services provided by a nurse include:
- Blood draws per doctor’s orders
- Ear assessments
- Foot care/assessments
- Immunization clinics
- Thursdays, 1 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- Injections per doctor’s orders (no allergy injections are given)
- Medication set-up per doctor’s orders
- Suture removal per doctor’s orders
- Tuberculosis testing and management
- Blood pressure screening
- Cholesterol screening
- Blood glucose screening
- Head lice screening
- Hearing and vision screening
- HIV and sexually transmitted disease testing
- STD/HIV/Hepatitis C testing is available by appointment.
Call Bismarck-Burleigh Public Health at (701) 355-1540 for more information about other services or clinics.
Bismarck-Burleigh Public Health regularly hosts immunization clinics by appointment. Please note that by the time you call for your appointment, time slots may already be filled.
Public education services are provided on various health topics upon request:
- Car seat safety
- Head lice
- HIV / Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- Infection control
- Prenatal care
- Various health topics