The school year is upon us! Classes start this Wed., Aug. 21, which means more traffic and congestion on city streets. The Bismarck Police Dept. reminds drivers to be mindful and extra cautious as youths will be traveling on foot, bicycles and in cars. Read on...
Bismarck Mayor Steve Bakken is looking for candidates interested in serving on the Bismarck Board of Adjustment as a Board Member. The volunteer committee has two open positions, which are 3-year terms. Read on...
At approximately 4:42 PM on Wed., August 14, the Central Dakota Communications Center received a report of smoke in the gymnasium of Northridge Elementary School located at 1727 North 3rd Street. There were no injuries to occupants or first responders. Read on...
Bismarck Police Urge Drivers to Be Cautious
School Begins August 21
The school year is upon us! Classes start Wed., Aug. 21, which means more traffic and congestion on city streets. The Bismarck Police Dept. reminds drivers to be mindful and extra cautious as youths will be traveling on foot, bicycles and in cars.
When you are in a school zone remember:
• No Texting/Talking and Driving!
• Plan and Be Patient! Schools zones drop to 20 miles per hour
• No Double Parking!
• Drop Off/Pick Up Same Side as School!
• Carpool! It reduces the number of vehicles at the school
• Stop for School Buses! It is against the law to pass a school bus when the red lights are on and the stop arm is displayed
• Yield to Pedestrians! Always stop for children or adults crossing the street and for school patrol officers or crossing guards holding a stop sign. View School Bus Safety video
It all comes down to the safety of our children. Let’s all work together to make this a terrific start of a new school year!