Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
BISMARCK, N.D. – Bismarck Mayor Steve Bakken is looking for candidates interested in serving on the Civil Service Commission. The volunteer committee has three open positions for terms through June 2026. Individuals residing in the City of Bismarck who advocate the principle of basing employment in the city service upon merit and fitness for the job are eligible for this appointment.
The Civil Service Commission is a three-member advisory board that carries out matters related to the Personnel Regulations and Benefits Ordinance of the City of Bismarck. The Civil Service Commission’s responsibilities include:
• Propose to City Commissioners; Rules and Regulations necessary to the Civil Service Commission.
• Hear appeals on Disciplinary cases and other Personnel matters.
• Make investigations on complaints or other personnel matters associated with the Civil Service matters.
• Make Reports and recommendations to the Board of City Commissioners.
• Make special analysis or reports as requested by the Board of City Commissioners.
The deadline for applications is Monday, December 6, 2021. It is anticipated that the new board members will be announced at the December 28, 2021, Board of City Commissioners’ meeting.
Interested applicants should complete an application form describing their qualifications, background and why they would like to serve on the Commission. A copy of the applicant’s resume is a submittal requirement. Completed applications should be sent to:
Robert McConnell, Human Resource Director
Human Resources Department
P.O. Box 5503
Bismarck, ND 58506-5503
The application form may be found by viewing the link: application form
Forms can also be mailed by calling the Human Resource Department at 701-355-1330 or may be picked up at the department office at 221 N 5th Street, Bismarck. Additional information on the position and the appointment process can also be obtained by contacting the department office.