Human Relations Committee
- 5:15 pm
- Third Monday of each month
- All meetings are held in the 4th Floor Mayor’s Conference Room in the City/County Building at 221 North Fifth Street
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to meetings.
Minutes are available following approval.
- Chair - Krista Rausch
- Vice Chair - Shae Helling
- Darcy Andahl
- Brandi Jude
- Manisha Sawhney
- Trevor Vannette
- S. Hannah Vanorny
The purpose of the Bismarck Human Relations Committee is to create an atmosphere of inclusion, equality and accessibility through education and outreach to recognize the value of a diverse community.
If you believe you have experienced discrimination, you may contact the Human Relations Committee for assistance.
You may also download a comment/complaint form to register a formal complaint. View the Complaint Form. The cover letter is also available. They can be printed and mailed to the address on the front of the form.
Human Rights Essay Contest
The Bismarck Human Relations Committee sponsors an essay contest each year to heighten awareness of human rights among students in the community. Outstanding entries are recognized by the City of Bismarck Mayor & displayed on the HRC web page.
- Grades 4-5: Write about a person or idea that fosters respect for Human Rights.
- Grades 6-8: Write about your concept of leadership for Human Rights.
- Career and Technical Education
- Job Service North Dakota
- Human Relations Committee Application
- Human Relations Committee Brochure
- Human Relations Committee Strategic Plan
- Ordinance 5208 - Creating Human Relations Committee: Chapter 2-11
- 2010 Annual Report
- 2012 Annual Report
- 2013 Annual Report
- 2014 Annual Report
- 2015 Annual Report
- 2016 Annual Report
- 2017 Annual Report
- 2018 Annual Report
- 2019 Annual Report
Submit applications to:
City of Bismarck Administration Department
221 N. 5th Street
Bismarck, ND 58501
Email Whitnie Olsen