Human Relations Committee
- 5:15 PM
- Third Monday of each month
- All meetings are held in the 4th Floor Mayor’s Conference Room in the City/County Building at 221 North Fifth Street.
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available before meetings.
Minutes are available following approval.
- Gabrielle Abouassaly
- Geraldine Ambe
- Darcy Andahl
- Jason Grueneich - Committee Chair
- Thea Jorgensen - Committee Vice-Chair
- Nicole Ralph
- Sashay Schettler
- Sargianna Wutzke
- Carl Young
The purpose of the Bismarck Human Relations Committee is to create an atmosphere of inclusion, equality, and accessibility through education and outreach to recognize the value of a diverse community.
These Are Your Neighbors is a podcast hosted by Human Relations Committee Members, Thea Jorgensen and Sargianna Wutzke. Through conversations with diverse change-makers in the community, the podcast hopes to strengthen inclusivity amongst the Bismarck community, by encouraging others to get to know their neighbors. The podcast was taped by Dakota Media Access and airs on 102.5 on Tuesdays at 7 AM and Saturdays at 10 AM.
- Humanitarian Award Nomination Form
- Humanitarian Award Recipients:
|2009||Carrie Grosz: Carrie's Kids|
|2010||The God's Child Project|
|2011||Century 21 Morrison Realty|
|2013||Nan Johnson: Crescent Manor|
|2015||Judith Roberts: Hope Manor|
|Lynnette Horn: Anne Carlsen Center|
|Leah Hargrove: Bismarck Global Neighbors|
Heaven's Helpers Soup Cafe
|Dr. Robert Roswick|
|2021||Bismarck Veteran's Memorial Public Library|
Human Rights Essay Contest
The Bismarck Human Relations Committee sponsors an essay contest each year to heighten awareness of human rights among students in the community. Outstanding entries are recognized by the City of Bismarck Mayor and displayed on the Human Relations Committee web page.
- Bismarck Human Relations Committee Comment/Complaint Form
- Career and Technical Education
- Job Service North Dakota
- Human Relations Committee Application
- Human Relations Committee Brochure
- Human Relations Committee Strategic Plan
- Ordinance 5208 - Creating Human Relations Committee: Chapter 2-11