Bismarck Fire Department
Organized March 1877
This monument is dedicated to Members of the Bismarck Fire Department Past and Present.
The bell was purchased by the Pioneer Hose Company and placed on a tower at the original fire station located at 217 N 4th Street to call the volunteer firefighters to respond to fires.
The bell was moved to 515 Thayer Ave Fire Hall on September 8, 1911 by Drayman Frank Reamers.
Members of the Bismarck Fire Department built this monument from salvaged brick and stonework from the 515 Thayer Ave. Fire Hall donated by contractor Gil Bourgois.