Bismarck-Burleigh Public Health provides health promotion, protection, and prevention education and services to residents of Bismarck and Burleigh County. Maternal and child wellness offers classes set up on a rotating basis throughout the year. Some classes can also be requested and scheduled to be presented directly to groups.
- Breastfeeding Classes - Two monthly breastfeeding education classes will be held at Bismarck-Burleigh Public Health. Classes are FREE and open to anyone that is seeking education on breastfeeding and lactation. Every breastfeeding class is taught by an IBCLC (International Board Certified Lactation Counselor) and a CLC (Certified Lactation Counselor). Topics that will be discussed:
- Benefits of Breastfeeding
- Skin-to-Skin Contact
- Breastfeeding Positions/Latch
- How to Know if Baby is Getting Enough Breastmilk
- Feeding Cues
- Breastfeeding While Returning to Work
Attendees will receive a free printed breastfeeding guide to take home.
- Grandparenting Classes - Nursing mothers can utilize assistance that will make the breastfeeding experience a success. Topics that will be discussed include:
- Return to Work Classes - To support parents in their breastfeeding journey we are offering a FREE class about breastfeeding and returning to work. Topics include: managing milk supply, ages and stages of the breastfeeding baby, and daycare and work place support.
All participants receive a free Healthy Baby Bag. Babies and support persons welcome! This class can be taken prenatally, however we would recommend taking a prenatal breastfeeding class before baby to get the most out of the class.