Bismarck Streets News - Check this link frequently for updates about changes that impact traffic on Bismarck streets including street projects, construction, road closures and more.
Construction Project Information
- 2022 Construction Projects Story Map
- 2022 Construction Projects Map
- 2023 Construction Maps Coming Soon
- Special assessment funded project information
7th and 9th Street Pavement Rehab Project
The ND Dept of Transportation and the City of Bismarck are proposing improvements to 7th Street and 9th Street between Bismarck Expressway and Front Avenue. The proposed improvements consist of a mill and overlay of the pavement surface, replacement of non-compliant pedestrian sidewalk ramps, updated lighting systems to both roadways, and removal of the traffic signals at Arbor Avenue. Also, a new sidewalk is planned on 9th Street between Ingals Ave and Bowen Ave. Construction is anticipated in summer 2023 for these projects.
Ash Coulee Drive Reconstruction Project
The City of Bismarck will reconstruct Ash Coulee Drive between Tyler Parkway/15th St NW and Washington Street. A public input meeting was held February 16, 2022 at Horizon Middle School. Construction will occur in 2023.
- Public Input Meeting Presentation Feb. 16, 2022
- Executive Summary
- Project Locations Map
- Project handout
- Concept Layouts
- Anticipated Construction Phasing
Proposed Improvements to Bismarck Expressway
A public input meeting hosted by the North Dakota Department of Transportation was held March 3, 2022, at Wachter Middle School. The purpose of the public input meeting was to discuss the proposed improvements to Bismarck Expressway’s intersections with Washington Street and South 2nd Street in Bismarck. The meeting was presented by the North Dakota Department of Transportation (NDDOT) and KLJ Engineering. Construction will occur in 2023.
- NDDOT press release
- Public Input Meeting Presentation video
- Public Input Presentation Project Overview - Washington Street
- Rectangular Rapid-Flashing Beacon (RRFB)
- Crosswalk Visibility Enhancements