- Check this link frequently for updates about changes that impact traffic on Bismarck streets including street projects, construction, road closures and more.
Road construction season in Bismarck typically runs from May to November. City of Bismarck employees and contractors work diligently to complete all scheduled projects during this short season and any unexpected projects that may arise.
In the spring, the freeze-thaw cycle can create a bumpy ride for drivers as the road surface expands and contracts
By October, most scheduled road work is completed. In some cases, remaining construction work will be completed the following spring.
Please check this site frequently for updates on Bismarck street projects.
43rd Avenue NE Reconstruction Project
The City of Bismarck is proposing improvements to 43rd Avenue NE between Washington Street and State Street. See link for 43rd Avenue NE Detour Route. Please return to this page for additional information about the project as it becomes available. See Bismarck Streets News for latest press releases.
- Downtown One-Way to Two-Way Lane Conversion Presentation
- Downtown One-Way to Two-Way Lane Conversion Frequently Asked Questions
- Flashing yellow left-turn signals at intersections
- Traffic Signal Operations
Construction Project Information
- 2020 Construction Projects Map (zoom in for detail)
Special Assessment District Information
- SI-525 2019 Asphalt Resurfacing
- SI-526 2019 Concrete Pavement Repair
- SI-527 2019 Scrub Seal Project
- SI-528 2019 Ditch Section Road Maintenance
- SI-531 2020 Asphalt Re-surfacing
- SI-533 2020 Concrete Pavement Repairs
- SI-534 2020 Ditch Section Road Maintenance