Residential Garbage Collection
- Garbage must be bagged or it be picked up.
- Garbage must be set out at your collection point by 6:00 am on your scheduled collection day. Garbage may be set out the evening before your collection day.
- Garbage collection employees will work four, ten-hour days Monday-Thursday, from 6:00 am until 4:30 pm.
- Holidays: No garbage collection on designated holidays. Garbage collection will be delayed one day throughout the remainder of the week
- It is unlawful for any person other than the owner or other authorized person, to remove any refuse material from the solid waste container, storage area, or collection point of another or from the city disposal grounds.
- Garbage Collection and Recycling Routes and Calendar
- View Interactive Garbage Collection and Recycling Map
Waste Collection Standards
- Garbage must be bagged or it will not be picked up.
- Branches must be less than four feet long, tied in bundles that one person can pick up.
- Dumpsters at apartment sites must be free of snow and ice
- Dumpsters must not be blocked by parked cars or other items
- Garbage is collected once a week
- Garbage containers may not be stored on the boulevard
- Garbage must be light enough for one man to lift.
- Garbage must be placed within 3 feet of curb or alley
- Garbage must be set out by 6:00 a.m. on your scheduled pickup day
- Private garbage containers cannot exceed 35 gallons.
- Regulations for City Issued Waste Containers
|Appliances & Electronics||Construction & Remodeling Debris||Oil|
|Box Springs and Matresses||Decks & Fences||Propane Tanks|
Commercial Garbage Haulers
Persons with a waste collection franchise granted by the Board of City Commissioners may collect garbage, rubbish or other solid waste from mobile home parks and locations other than residences and city facilities and convey such materials to the city landfill.