Click to Home
Saturday, May 28, 2016
Today is 
Go To Search
Permits for Work in Rights of Way
Permits for Work in Rights of Way
A permit is required for anyone needing to perform work within city rights of way. The right of way is considered the area between the front property line on one side of the street to the front property line on the other side of the street. This area includes the street, the sidewalk, and the boulevard. The intended work must be performed by a city-approved contractor. The type of permit needed will depend on the type of work being done.  Permits may be taken out at the Engineering Department Office located at 221 N. 5th Street, 2nd floor or online through the City's E-Trackit online permit application program.

Type of Permits

  • Approach and Culvert Permit - Required for constructing an approach or culvert within the rights of way    
  • Concrete Permit – Required for constructing sidewalks, or repairing curbs or driveway aprons within the rights of way
  • Excavation Permit – Required for any digging or trenching in the rights of way, as well as for connections to city services on public or private property
  • Grading Permit – Required when moving earth in the rights of way for elevation and soil compaction control
  • Land Disturbance Permit – (also called city storm water permit) Required for any grading activity for erosion control


Licensed & Bonded Contractors


Excavating Contractor's Packet, Data Form & Traffic Control Fees











Home     Calendar     Privacy Statement     Disclaimer     Contact Us     Sitemap     Accessibility     Copyright Notice     Powered by CivicPlus