Licensed Commercial Arborists
|A-1 Tree Service
|Advanced Tree Service
|Beaver Creek Tree Service
Kristin Dunbar and Doug Schultz
Phone: 701-471-2323 or 701-527-5100
| Bullinger Tree Service
Leonard Bullinger Jr.
*Also provides tree injection service
|B & V Tree Service
Bill & Elvira Doll
|Kappel Tree Service LLC
|Portscheller Tree Service
|Schweitzer Tree Service
|T-M Tree Service
Mike and Tammey Schutt
Phone: 701-794-3641 or 701-400-5555
|Todd's Tree & Stump Removal
Click here for List of Licensed Arborists
Any person doing commercial tree pruning or removal work in Bismarck must obtain a Commercial Arborist License by following the requirements below
- Arborist Certification:
- International Society of Arboriculture (ISA) Certified Arborist OR
- Arborist Certificate issued by the City Forester - Requires passing a written competency test and a field test administered by the City Forester.
- General liability $500,000.00 property damage and bodily injury for one person and $1,000,000.00 aggregate for each occurence.
- Arborist Certification Test: $75.00
- If failed, must wait 90 days before testing again. $75.00 fee each time the test is administered.
- Annual Licensing Fee: $75.00
Suggested Study Materials for the City of Bismarck Arborist Testing:
- Arborists' Certification Study Guide, Third Edition by S.J. Lilly
- Arborist Equipment: A Guide to the Tools and Equipment of Tree Maintenance and Removal (2nd Edition) by Don Blair
- Manual of Woody Landscape Plants (5th Edition) by Michael A. Dirr
- A New Tree Biology and A New Tree Biology Dictionary by Shigo and Trees Associates
- Arboriculture: Integrated Management of Landscape Trees, Shrubs, and Vines (4th Edition) by Richard W. Harris
For more information on becoming a licensed commercial tree service, contact the
Bismarck Forestry Division at (701) 355-1700, Option 3.