The Friends of the Bismarck Public Library Used Book Sale is held every March and October in the meeting room level of the Public Library. Paperbacks and hardcovers are sold at $1.00 per pound.
Donate your used books! Bring your used books, audio books, records, CDs, and DVDs during business hours to the Bismarck Public Library for our semi-annual book sales. If you have a substantial donation, please call (701) 355-1483 to arrange for someone to pick them up. Thank you for your generosity!! Please read our Donated Materials Policy for additional information.
The Bismarck Public Library gladly accepts donations and is happy that people donate used books and audiovisual items to us. However, because we end up having to discard many unusable items, we ask that you follow the guidelines below:
Upcoming Used Book Sales
- No torn or water-damaged items
- No moldy items or those with an odor
- No college/high school/medical textbooks
- No encyclopedias or Readers Digest condensed books
- Please do not pack items into larger boxes-nothing heavier than 25 pounds
- We no longer accept magazines, with the exception of arts/crafts magazines
Fall - October 2, 3 & 4, 2014
Spring - March 12, 13 & 14, 2015