Bismarck Public Library
515 N. Fifth St.
Ph: (701) 355-1480
Fx: (701) 221-3729
Monday - Thursday
9:00 am - 9:00 pm
Friday - Saturday
9:00 am - 6:00 pm
1:00 - 6:00 pm
Notary services are provided on-site during library hours. Please call the Information Desk for availability. There is no charge for this service.
Tips to Expedite the Process
- Bring personal identification such as a valid driver's license, ID card, or other form of picture identification such as a current U.S. passport.
- Do not sign the document prior to arriving at the Library. The notary is required to witness your signature.
- The person whose signature needs to be notarized must be present.
In addition, notaries under the North Dakota law...
- are not authorized to certify copies of "recordable documents" such as birth, death, or marriage certificates, recorded titles to property, college transcripts, or anything bearing an official government seal (North Dakota Century Code 44-06.1-23 subsection 7).
- cannot notarize documents drafted in a language other than English unless accompanied by a permanently affixed and accurate written English translation (North Dakota Century Code 44-06-1-23 subsection 6(i)).
Notaries at the Bismarck Public Library do not
notarize copy certifications of personal identification documents associated with the I-9 form.