Our Division is responsible for:
- Landscaping information
- Planting, pruning, and removal of trees
- Insects, diseases, and abiotic damage information
- Urban forestry information
- Community resources and programs
Mark your calendar! The North Dakota Urban and Community Forestry Association (NDUCFA) is having its annual conference and trade show in Fargo, ND. Conference dates are January 28 - 31, 2018. This conference will feature vendors and speakers from across the upper Midwest. Additionally, the North Dakota Nursery and Greenhouse Association will be holding their conference and trade show at the same time. Registration with either organization will allow for attending speaker sessions with each group. Visit the NDUCFA website for more information and to register for this great conference!
An ISA Certified Arborist Exam is coming up on January 28, 2018. The exam will be held in Fargo, ND. Exam registration begins at 12:30 pm. Interested applicants need to register at the International Society of Arboriculture website. NOTE: registration deadline is January 11, 2018.
- Online maps are now available! Click on the following links to view the online maps. These maps offer information regarding the tree's location in Bismarck, when the tree was dedicated, and to whom it was dedicated. Interested in honoring a loved one with a tree planting? Click here for more information.
- Beautification Award nominations are wanted for the 2018 Arbor Day celebration. Beautification Awards are presented to businesses and organizations for going above and beyond what is required by the Landscaping and Screening Ordinance to enhance and improve the image of their commercial properties in Bismarck. Click here to make your nomination!
Invasive Tree Pest Awareness
- Is your firewood harboring a killer? Forest pests can hitchhike on your firewood! Don't bring Emerald Ash Borer (EAB) into North Dakota! We are asking the public not to move firewood in or out of Bismarck as this increases the risk of spreading harmful pests and diseases of trees.