Division Services & Information
The mission of the Bismarck Forestry Division is to manage and improve the health of the urban forest while enhancing the quality of life for our growing community.
Our Division is responsible for:
- Landscaping information
- Planting, pruning, and removal of trees
- Insects, diseases, and abiotic damage information
- Urban forestry information
- Community resources and programs
- ARBOR DAY is getting closer! This year the City of Bismarck Forestry Division will be celebrating 41 years of Tree City USA. We will also be recognizing our 2017 Partners in Planting Sponsors, distributing Appleseed Awards for tree planting and beautification efforts on public property in 2017 and a Beautification Award for tree planting and beautification on private property in 2017.
Please join our celebration on May 4th at 1:30 p.m. at Normandy Park (located at 3924 Normandy Street). This year a Hackberry tree will be planted and dedicated to Steven M. Neu in recognition of his 23 years of service and dedication to future generation's play as Director of the Bismarck Parks and Recreation District from 1987 to 2011.
- Consider supporting our Arbor Day and/or Partners in Planting Program this year! Spring is right around the corner and we are gearing up for both the Partners in Planting program and the annual Arbor Day event. Once again, we are looking for Partners in the 2018 planting season and would welcome the opportunity to work with you. If interested, please call the Forestry Division for more information or submit the Arbor Day and Partners in Planting Donation Form.
Invasive Tree Pest Awareness
- Is your firewood harboring a killer? Forest pests can hitchhike on your firewood! Don't bring Emerald Ash Borer (EAB) into North Dakota! We are asking the public not to move firewood in or out of Bismarck as this increases the risk of spreading harmful pests and diseases of trees.